Thursday, 3 August 2017

July Wrap Up

We are really racing through the year, aren’t we? Looking ahead, August holds a lot of excitement for me: it’s Brighton Pride, it’s my birthday, and it’s MOVING DAY.

Read

  • Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • The Gender Games - Juno Dawson ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • A Darker Shade of Magic - V. E. Schwab ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • A Gathering of Shadows - V. E. Schwab ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • A Conjuring of Light - V. E. Schwab ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Saga: Volume 2 - Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Saga: Volume 3 - Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Saga: Volume 4 - Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Saga: Volume 5 - Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll ⭐️⭐️
  • The Underground Railroad - Colson Whitehead ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • The Moving Finger - Agatha Christie ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Phew. What a reading month! Thanks to the Booktubeathon and my newly-graduated status, I managed to get a large amount of my TBR read. The stand out books this month were The Gender Games by Juno Dawson, A Conjuring of Light by V. E. Schwab, and The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead.


Book Haul

  • Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen
  • Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll
  • Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? - Jeanette Winterson
  • Grit: Why Passion and Resilience Are the Secrets to Success - Angela Duckworth
  • The Gender Games - Juno Dawson (audiobook + hardback, whoops)
  • See What I Have Done - Sarah Schmidt
  • Believe Me: A Memoir of Love, Death, and Jazz Chickens - Eddie Izzard (audiobook)


July was the month of ‘you graduated, treat yourself!’ but also the month of Penguin Random House’s JobHack, so I managed to acquire quite a few books. As a result of Booktubeathon though, I’ve read a large chunk of them and it doesn’t affect the size of my TBR too much.

Personal Update

  • I went to Istanbul and attended a friend’s wedding
  • I graduated! I got my First class degree in German and Linguistics and officially became a graduate of the University of York
  • I attended PRH JobHack which was an incredibly fun day and has fuelled my desire to work in the publishing industry

Blog Posts


Posts I’ve Loved


How were your Julys? What did you read/get up to? Let me know by commenting below!
Happy reading,
Zoe