Monday, 10 July 2017

June Wrap Up


As you will probably be able to tell, June was my first month of freedom from university. It was a time to sit back, relax, travel, and read to my heart’s content - which is exactly what I did.

Read

  • Stay With Me - Ayobami Adebayo ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • When Dimple Met Rishi - Sandhya Menon ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Spectacles - Sue Perkins ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Dear Ijeawele Or A Feminist Manifesto in 15 Suggestions - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Blue Is the Warmest Colour - Julie Maroh ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Far From You - Tess Sharpe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • The Girl From Everywhere - Heidi Heilig ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Worth Dying For: The Power and Politics of Flags - Tim Marshall ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Saga: Volume One - Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • The Missing - C. L. Taylor ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • The Bookshop Book - Jen Campbell ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I read so many great books this month, it’s almost impossible to choose a top 3. And yet, Stay With Me, When Dimple Met Rishi, and The Bookshop Book just about pip to the post.


Book Haul

  • When Dimple Met Rishi - Sandhya Menon
  • Under the Udala Trees - Chinelo Okparanta
  • Granta Magazine 115: The F Word
  • The Lesser Bohemians - Eimear McBride
  • Beside Myself - Ann Morgan
  • You  - Caroline Kepnes
  • The Underground Railroad - Colson Whitehead (signed!)
  • Worth Dying For: The Power and Politics of Flags - Tim Marshall


This looks worse than it is. I received Under the Udala Trees and the Granta magazine from Granta as part of their Pride Month celebrations, which I am delighted to be taking part in! Then my friend came to visit and she doesn’t like to keep her books, which although I find weird, benefits me tremendously. She gave me a copy of You by Caroline Kepnes which is one of my favourite thrillers and also Beside Myself by Ann Morgan. Finally, whilst in Paris we were able to see Colson Whitehead speak at Shakespeare and Company and so it seemed rude not to buy his book.

Personal Update

  • Freeeeedom. June was the first month in who knows how long where I haven’t had any work whatsoever to worry about
  • I’m graduating with a 1st! My hard work for 4 years has paid off and I’m over the moon.
  • Not only am I graduating with a 1st, but I’m also going to receive a scholarship for my Master’s next year!
  • I went to Paris - if you want to see my snaps, follow my personal Instagram @zoe_chatfield

Blog Posts


Posts I’ve Loved


How was your June? What did you read/get up to? Let me know in the comments!
Happy reading,
Zoe