Saturday, 3 June 2017

May Wrap Up

May was...interesting. It was one of the most stressful months of my degree but it also marked the end of my 4 years of undergrad.

Read

  • A Court of Wings and Ruin - Sarah J. Maas ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • A Court of Mist and Fury - Sarah J. Maas (re-read) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • The Hate U Give - Angie Thomas ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • Into the Water - Paula Hawkins ⭐️⭐️⭐️

I didn't read as much as usual, but what I did read was generally really good! The books that have stood out this month are Persepolis, The Hate U Give, and...

DNFed

  • The Dark Circle - Linda Grant

I know I’m in the minority with this one, but I couldn’t get through it. I really enjoyed Linda Grant’s writing style to begin with, and I really liked the story of the NHS at the beginning as well as Lenny and Miriam. I managed to get 70% of the way through but I just found myself not willing to pick the book up once I’d put it down. I recognise that it’s more about the characters than the plot, but there just wasn’t enough happening to keep me interested.

Book Haul

  • A Court of Wings and Ruin - Sarah J. Maas
  • Into the Water - Paula Hawkins
  • The Girl from Everywhere - Heidi Heilig
  • The Ship Beyond Time - Heidi Heilig
  • Do Not Say We Have Nothing - Madeleine Thien
  • The Sport of Kings - C. E. Morgan
  • Far From You - Tess Sharpe


May was definitely the month of ‘treat yourself’. Hopefully, it won’t take me too long to knock these off the TBR, especially considering Do Not Say We Have Nothing and The Sport of Kings are Bailey’s Shortlist books so I want them read before the winner is announced!

Personal Update

  • I finished my degree! Have I mentioned it enough yet?
  • I booked a trip to Paris! My friend is having to learn French and we found really cheap Eurostar tickets so we’re off for a short little trip next month and I AM SO EXCITED

Blog Posts


Posts I’ve Loved


How were your months? Link me to your monthly wrap ups because I love reading them!
Happy reading,
Zoe