Tuesday, 24 January 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Reread TBR


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Brookish. This week was a freebie week and I’ve decided to talk about the books that I would like to reread!

  1. Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy

I read this way back in secondary school, and whilst I remember the basics of the story I don’t remember a lot else. I don’t think I really read the book - maybe on audiobook next time.

  1. Station Eleven - Emily St. John Mandel

I tore through books whilst travelling a couple of summers ago, but it became a competitive thing and I know I didn’t get as much out of them as I could have done. Everyone seems to love Station Eleven and all I can say is yes, I’ve read it, but I don’t have any strong feelings about it - I’d like that to change.

  1. The Secret History - Donna Tartt

Another book that I tore through whilst travelling and don’t think I fully appreciated. People seem to always love this one so hopefully when I give it another go, I will too!

  1. Northern Lights - Philip Pullman

I read this way too young and probably missed about half of the meaning and skimmed through the other two books just to say I had read it...not good.

  1. The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini

This is one of the more recent reads on the list. The first time I read this was a couple of months ago, but I listened to it on audiobook and although I objectively knew it was a good book, I wasn’t feeling that via the audiobook. In short, I think reading this as a physical book will be a better experience for me.

  1. The Vegetarian - Han Kang

This book sure packs a punch! It took me a while to get into and by the end I found myself not quite sure how to feel. I’d like to read it again so I can examine it closer.

  1. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn

One of my all time favourite books! This is such an important book for me because it introduced me to this whole general genre which turned out to be one of my favourites but ever since reading it and obsessing over it in 2014, I haven’t read it again. I’d like to go back and see whether my experience is the same, and if not, what’s changed.

  1. 4:50 from Paddington - Agatha Christie

I’m always saying that this is my favourite Christie, and I always tell people that this is the place to start with Marple/Christie, but the truth is: I don’t remember it! And it feels wrong to only remember liking it but not remember what it’s actually about…

  1. Behind Closed Doors - B. A. Paris

I read this soon after it was released, and I did enjoy it but ever since then people have been wildly in love with it and I want to know whether I’m missing anything or whether my original opinion still stands.

  1. The Luminaries - Eleanor Catton

It took me quite literally YEARS to finish this. It was one of those books I downloaded on my Kindle and the when it didn’t hook me right away, I left it and left it until finally returning to it on my travels one year. Because of its length, I don’t feel like I really paid enough attention to it (I was not a well-behaved reader before book blogging).

Do you reread books? Are there certain books you always want to reread? Let me know in the comments below!
Happy reading,

Zoe