Tuesday, 20 December 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Christmas Wishlist

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish and this week’s theme is Christmas Wishlist. I would normally have a very long list of books I want to buy, but recently I’ve become a very much “try before you buy” reader and prefer to read books from the library first to see whether I like them or not. The list below is made up of books that I’ve either read and want to own, or the library doesn’t have them and my self control is dwindling.


  1. Six of Crows Duology - Leigh Bardugo

I don’t know if this is lack of searching, but I can’t find a SoC that matches the size of my CK. So I figure just get the beautiful hardback duology bind up and solve the issue.


  1. This Savage Song - Victoria Schwab

My shelves lack Schwab, and this was a really enjoyable read with a beautiful hardback cover; it would look so good next to Our Dark Duet…


  1. The Woman in Cabin 10 - Ruth Ware

I have been wanting to read this for ages and when it finally came in for me at the library, I had to leave York and so had to return it. Time to buy it!


  1. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s backlist

After reading Americanah, I have fallen in love with Adichie’s writing, and then 4th Estate brought out these beautiful editions and I just have to have them.

  1. Autumn - Ali Smith

A book by Ali Smith set in the time after Brexit and with as beautiful a cover as this one has? Yes please.


  1. Das Paket - Sebastian Fitzek

In an attempt to read more German, I am trying to find books within genres that I enjoy, e.g. thrillers, which are originally in German. Sebastian Fitzek is a big name in Germany and has just brought out this new book which looks so good!
  1. Homegoing - Yaa Gyasi

I have this on NetGalley and cannot wait to read it, and the UK edition is just too beautiful to not be on my bookshelf.


  1. Adulthood is a Myth - Sarah Andersen

Sarah Andersen creates one of my favourite webcomics and I would love to be able to support her by buying her book. She is so funny and all of her comics are relatable and I love her.

  1. Soppy - Philippa Rice

Again, I would love to support one of my favourite artists and have her book on my shelf to pick up when I need something happy, because her comics are so cute.

  1. The Princess Saves Herself in This One - Amanda Lovelace

I hear so much about this book and see it everywhere, and in my quest to venture into poetry, I think this would be a perfect read.

Which books do you hope to get this Christmas? Let me know in the comments below!
Happy reading and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Zoe