Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Scary Reads TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish and this week’s theme is a Halloween freebie. I decided to list 10 books which are somehow scary/creepy/otherwise Halloween themed and which I haven't read yet (but plan to, eventually). So without further ado:


  1. It - Stephen King
  2. The Shining - Stephen King

Horror isn’t a genre that I read at all, but recently I haven’t been able to get away from Stephen King hype - mainly because of a bookstagrammer friend @ab_reads - and now I’m intrigued!


  1. The Woman in Cabin 10 - Ruth Ware

I recently read In A Dark Dark Wood and really enjoyed the Christie-esque nature of this mystery thriller and now I can’t wait to be get my hands on Ware’s newest book.


  1. Hidden Bodies - Caroline Kepnes

This is the sequel to You, which for me was a 4 star read. The style of writing is brilliant and creepy and is everything I’ve been looking for in a thriller since reading Gone Girl and I’m desperate to see whether this lives up to my expectations.


  1. The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman
  2. Coraline - Neil Gaiman

I’ve been going on about reading some Neil Gaiman for ages. The Graveyard Book has been recommended to me as a place to start and Coraline is (I think) suitably creepy to make it onto this list too.


  1. We Have Always Lived in the Castle - Shirley Jackson

I saw this in a Halloween Reads article a few years ago and just recently it seems to have blown up all over bookstagram. I only know a few plot details but the cover is creepy enough to win a spot on this list.


  1. Dracula - Bram Stoker

Dracula is one of those classics which I feel like I’ve read because of it being so present in popular culture but actually I have very little specific knowledge of it. I’ll definitely read it one day.


  1. Hollow City - Ransom Riggs
  2. Library of Souls - Ransom Riggs

These are books 2 and 3 of the Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children series, which I started at the beginning of the month in audiobook form. Although I wasn’t a fan of the narration, I liked the story and do want to continue with the series in physical form.

Have you read or do you plan to read any of these books? If so then let me know and don't forget to leave links to your own TTT posts for me to check out!
Happy reading,
Zoe