Thursday, 30 June 2016

List: Things A Book Lover Always Wants to Hear

Hello all!

A couple of weeks ago, I turned up to choir and whipped out my book immediately so as to get a few extra minutes of reading in before we actually started. As soon as it came to the break, I did exactly the same, and overheard a conversation about me and how I "always had my head in a book". To this day, I'm not sure whether it was meant as a compliment or a dig, but it actually made me really happy. The week after, I got off the tram - having been reading the whole journey - and a choir member got off with me and said to me "you're always reading!" Yes, yes I am.

Whether people said this to me as a mere observation, or as a reference to how little I seem to be taking in the world around me (a comment made by the first person later on in the conversation), it still made me happy. It was like somebody was recognising a part of my identity and legitimising it, I guess. Does that make sense?

Anyway, it got me thinking about compliments you can give your significant book lover. If you're looking to woo a certain someone in your life, look no further.

  1. You have so many books!
  2. You're bookshelves are so pretty and organised, they are #instagramgoals
  3. You remind me of *insert awesome character here*
  4. What should I read next?
  5. I love *insert book/series here* too
  6. You would be a great bookseller/librarian/writer/other book-related job
  7. Fancy coming to the bookshop with me?
  8. I got you this entire matching boxset because I knew it was bothering you that your ones had different covers
  9. My idea of a perfect evening involves a lot of blankets, tea, and reading
  10. I made you tea to drink whilst you're reading
  11. I got you that *insert bookish merchandise here* you always wanted
  12. I agree with you *insert character* is THE WORST
  13. I didn't get the hype surrounding that book/series either, don't worry
  14. I saw this book and thought of you so I bought it
  15. Here's a book I love, you should read it
  16. Did you know there's a sale on at Waterstones/Barnes + Noble/other bookshop?
  17. Let's not go out today - let's just read inside instead
Do you have anything to add? Let me know by commenting below! 
Love to you all, 
Zoe